Sunday, November 20, 2011

EC day 3 - First chance qualifier

So there it was. Third day, third tournament. Since I was pretty frustrated by my acomplishments by then, I decided to play my Guruhi vote deck, which I am enjoying lately.

1st table: Me - Lutz vote - Unmada+Scout Yongwood - Auspex turbo block - Hazimel powerbleed

This table was really full of pressure. I was trying to do my best do mamage Lutz with votes, which ultimately damaged my cross table buddy because of Lutz ability. Lutz wasn't doing too much to his prey, but it was enough thanks to my political actions. He was then able to talk through parity shift taking 5 pool from Lutz. In the end, Scout Yongwood did backwards crescendo, sending Lutz and Marcus Vitel to torpor.Marcus was targeted by Golconda and that was basicaly it for his controler. He was conserving his pool and trying to survive until the end. Auspex block deck brought out three minions, Smiling jack and was doing his blocking. Hazimel put pulse of canaile on himself and was bleeding me for 6 almost each turn. I have tried to destroy smiling jack with three minions and called Ancient influence afterwards. All my actions were blocked by auspex block deck, including Ancient influence with eagles sight. He was ousted right after this because of lack of wake cards. After this it was basicaly one after another and Unmada + Scout cleared entire table. Congrats, I really loved that deck.

2nd round: Me - Salubri Marionette - Dmitra and friends - Saulot with tremere support - Cybele + Friends vote

This game was pretty catastrophic from the start. Dmitra was playing KRC from the start 3 points to saulot and one point to me. At one point I was trying to make a deal with Dmitra player, but he was offered better one from Cybele. Help with Saulot if he will help him finish me. I was hoping that Dmitra will eventualy break the deal, but in the end, I was ousted 10 seconds before time-out. I could have stalled, but it just is not my style.

3rd table - Me - Tzimisce block - Fortitude swarm - Tumnimos breed & bleed

We had only four player table, because someone was leaving early. As I was told, six other tables had the same problem.This was a great game for me, although it did not look like that from the start. I was just laying low, doing nothing except hunts and moving couters to my uncontroled region. After my prey had made a mistake and tapped his minions, used rotshreck and some wakes, I went for kill and in two turns, I was able to oust him. Fortitude swarm ousted his prey too and I was able to oust him pretty fast after this. I 've got a lot of full minions thanks to votercap, lots of pool thanks to oust and he did not have much chance here. Still it was a great game.

1 GW and 3 VP total for me. I was hoping to qualify with this, but after I saw the list, with highlighted names of 30 players, well lets say I was 6 TP short. So first one under the line.

I have not achieved any of my goals, so huge dissapointment here. On the other hand I am glad that I went. It was pretty epic event and I want to once more thank all organizers for a great event.

Next post will be again about EC, but I promise it will be the last one. I will try to write more about games, decks, strategies and players.

Deck Name: Guruhi vote
Author: Silmegil
Description:


Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=4 max=11 avg=7.5)
===============================================
 1x  Aren, Priest of Eshu    7  ani obf POT PRE          Guruhi:4
 1x  Batsheva ADV            6  obt pot ANI PRE          Guruhi:4
 2x  Eze, The Demon Prince  11  aus ANI NEC POT PRE THA  Guruhi:3
 1x  Fode Kourouma           5  ani aus pre POT          Guruhi:4
 1x  Iniko, The Black Lion   9  cel ANI OBT POT PRE      Guruhi:4
 1x  Lumumba                 4  ani PRE                  Guruhi:4
 1x  Maskini                 7  abo ANI POT PRE SER      Guruhi:4
 1x  Nana Buruku             8  ANI POT PRE              Guruhi:4
 1x  Sobayifa                8  aus pot pro spi ANI PRE  Guruhi:3
 1x  Ugadja                 10  dom for ABO ANI POT PRE  Guruhi:4
 1x  Urenna Bunu             4  ani pot pre              Guruhi:4

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (14)
 1x Archon Investigation
 1x Golconda: Inner Peace
 1x Grooming the Protégé
 1x Lilith's Blessing
 3x Misdirection
 7x Villein

Action (10)
 5x Enchant Kindred
 5x Founders of the Ebony Kingdom

Political Action (21)
 2x Anarchist Uprising
 1x Ancient Influence
 4x Conservative Agitation
 1x Domain Challenge
 9x Kine Resources Contested
 1x My Kin Against the World
 1x Neonate Breach
 1x Reins of Power
 1x Snipe Hunt

Action Modifier (34)
 4x Aura of Invincibility
 6x Bewitching Oration
 6x Change of Target
 2x Edge of the World
 6x Iron Glare
 2x Make an Example
 8x Voter Captivation

Combat (10)
10x Majesty

Combo (1)
 1x Guruhi Kholo

Created with Secret Library v0.9.3. (Nov 20, 2011 11:43:55)

See you next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment